YOUR ONLINE MENU WILL DETERMINE YOUR 2021 SUCCESS
My main point when talking to people about Picture Menus is that we invest so much time & money on our physical menus and then spend so little on their more profitable counterpart, the ONLINE MENU!
Based on research by OpenTable, 86% of customers check out your online menu before they dine and they HATE, HATE, HATE that PDF menu jammed into your website
PEOPLE EAT WITH THEIR EYES and when they come to your website they want PICTURES!
You work so hard on creating your menu items and then y force people to view them by digging through old Facebook posts and Yelp Images
The key to your success lies within understanding the customer dining process of 2020 and beyond
Whether through word of mouth, advertising, or dumb luck you get someone interested in your restaurant the first thing we all do is go to Google and find your website (do you even know how many visitors your getting or where they are coming from?!)
So how do YOU treat these vitally important website visitors?
Let’s do a simple sales funnel review for a typical restaurant:
- People’s attention spans are short, if you don’t immediately provide them with what they are looking for you instantly lose 10-20% of visitors.
- If your site doesn’t work PERFECTLY ON MOBILE and load quickly or you can expect a 40-50% drop off
- If your “Menu” button takes visitors to a PDF or text-based menu that you can expect a drop-off of another 15-25%. Why such a high number? Because people are not wired to read about food, it doesn’t excite or entice!
- A single individual will likely stick it out through a buggy purchasing experience but the big orders, the 5-10 person orders that you count one, where phones get passed to kids, family, and friends. The more people you ask to view those crappy PDFs and text-based menus, distraction increases, and the likelihood of conversion falls
AN ONLINE MENU WILL INCREASE SALES, IS EASY TO SETUP, AND PEOPLE WANT IT, BUT HOW IS THE ROI?
- MENU ITEMS ARE MORE VALUABLE WHEN PAIRED WITH REAL PHOTOS
- NOW THEY ARE LOOKING AT THE PICTURES, NOT THE PRICES
- INCREASE YOUR CUSTOMER BASE BECAUSE LANGUAGE, AGE & DISABILITIES ARE NO LONGER A BARRIER
One of our most successful Picture Menu restaurants has even found cross-selling opportunities by having distributors/vendors pay for exclusive rights for their beers/liquors to be included on their picture menu
FLEXIBLE & EASY TO CHANGE – Anyone with a smartphone can add a daily special, snap a photo, add a few details & if a dish is sold out, can mark an item as “hidden” and enabled it later on
MENU ENGINEERING, ANALYTICS, AND THE PROFIT IMPACT THEORY
A well-executed initial menu-engineering effort can increase a restaurant’s profits by 10% to 15% on an ongoing basis
WITH OUR ONE-OF-A-KIND ANALYTICS FEATURE you can see what people are interested in and then categorize menu items according to profit and popularity levels and test those theories by easily rearranging and tweaking price/descriptions
Easily re-arrange items, hide items, edit descriptions, prices, and pictures. Play with your descriptions and prices and don’t just list the ingredients, use evocative text that can further excite a guest’s interest – Humanizing a dish takes it out of the realm of being a commodity
Being able to easily test, re-arrange and update your menu is another great benefit to an online picture menu
A well-designed digital menu helps us increase online exposure, increase value, improves the customer’s dining experience, and increases profitability
A truly digital menu is eco-friendly, enables restaurants to gain a deeper understanding of the success of their menu offerings, and empowers them to get active feedback from their patrons while increasing $$$ and decreasing hassle